compensation: Negotiable hourly wage between $8-$10/hr, based on education and experience and tuition remission for children enrolled at our school. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Full-Time Primary Classroom Assistant beginning January
We are looking for someone who will support the work of the teacher (guide) and students and is looking to grow a career with us. The person selected for this position will assist our classroom guide in a class of children between the ages of two and six years of age.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the environment.
- Support the guide.
- Work with individual & small groups of children as directed by the guide.
- Perform special tasks assigned by the guide.
- Observe the children’s behavior and communicate these observations to the guide.
- Supervise the children when the guide is out of the room or on the playground.
- Give full conscious attention to each encounter with a child.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect and without preferences.
- Use positive phrasing and discipline.
- Make every effort to be in attendance every work day.
- Maintain current CPR & First Aid training
- Assist with projects, programs, events and planning as assigned by the guide and/or Director.
Our ideal candidate will come with an awareness of Montessori activities or be open to acquiring knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and a love for children.
Education and Qualifications: Must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma or its equivalent and have childcare experience. A college education is a plus.
How to apply: Please reply via email with your resume and personal statement.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities